Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Philosophy of Teaching

As a teacher, I recognize that my primary responsibility is to my students and I will work diligently to ensure that all of my students’ unique needs are met. I have had experience teaching students with various individual needs in diverse populations, and I stress the importance of multicultural education and inclusive communities to my students. I am aware of the obligation to address the curriculum and state learning standards in every lesson, however I am also a strong believer in integrating the arts, music and various content areas to enhance and enrich learning experiences for all students. I provide authentic learning experiences and assessments in all content areas. I am truly dedicated to my profession. I am committed to providing my students with an education that will challenge them to reach and exceed expectations, and that will provide them with the means to become productive members of our society. Above all, I feel that my job as a teacher is to inspire my students to become life-long learners, to be dedicated in all that they do, and to value hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment